Some questions

Issues, bugs, comments, ideas and feedback about the demo.
Apprentice

Some questions

Postby Apprentice » Sat May 13, 2017 8:25 pm

1) Is there an overview of the minimum system requirements available? I already experienced that my current GT630 won't be sufficient to pull this one with its current settings.

2) Is there an option screen/command line/INI setting available where I can tweak certain graphical settings, such as detail level, resolution, windowed mode and such?

3) Probably for somewhere else: I noticed that whenever the character pick up things, it does so with its right-hand which also yields the weapon, resulting in that the weapon momentarily disappears whenever the pickup animation is run.
LightStriker
Site Admin

Re: Some questions

Postby LightStriker » Sat May 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Apprentice wrote:1) Is there an overview of the minimum system requirements available? I already experienced that my current GT630 won't be sufficient to pull this one with its current settings.

2) Is there an option screen/command line/INI setting available where I can tweak certain graphical settings, such as detail level, resolution, windowed mode and such?

3) Probably for somewhere else: I noticed that whenever the character pick up things, it does so with its right-hand which also yields the weapon, resulting in that the weapon momentarily disappears whenever the pickup animation is run.

1) What framerate you get with it?

2) It's coming.

3) That's as designed, as far as I know. Same with interacting with a switch.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Sun May 14, 2017 10:28 am

1) Not sure exactly, don't have a third-party tool installed and probably there isn't a command that displays it but if I get anything above 15, I would be very happy . . .

2) Nice. Will it be available for the demo as well or only for the full game?

3) Wouldn't it be better to use the left hand for that? I know that certain reviewers are nitpickers, so you may wish to stay ahead of them ;)
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Sun May 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Apprentice wrote:1) Not sure exactly, don't have a third-party tool installed and probably there isn't a command that displays it but if I get anything above 15, I would be very happy . . .

2) Nice. Will it be available for the demo as well or only for the full game?

3) Wouldn't it be better to use the left hand for that? I know that certain reviewers are nitpickers, so you may wish to stay ahead of them ;)

1) I checked the stats... and it's actually surprising it runs on a GT630.

2) It's coming to the demo, hopefully this week. Will allow you to turn off AA, Bloom and other post-process or turn down texture quality. Won't be pretty, but may allow you to play it.

3) Well, the left hand item would have to disappear too. A shield, a firearm, etc.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Tue May 23, 2017 8:21 pm

I saw an update applied, didn't have the option menu but it did run a bit better. Not entirely smooth but I was able to jump on the moving platform what I couldn't do before. Now I just fall to my death . . . :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

What changed ??
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Tue May 23, 2017 9:31 pm

Apprentice wrote:I saw an update applied, didn't have the option menu but it did run a bit better. Not entirely smooth but I was able to jump on the moving platform what I couldn't do before. Now I just fall to my death . . . :roll: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

What changed ??

The graphic options are in the hellpoint.cfg file for now.
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:01 pm

LightStriker wrote:The graphic options are in the hellpoint.cfg file for now.

Where can I find the .cfg file ??

Browsed the steamapps\common\Hellpoint Demo folder, but no hellpoint.cfg :/
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Apprentice wrote:
LightStriker wrote:The graphic options are in the hellpoint.cfg file for now.

Where can I find the .cfg file ??

Browsed the steamapps\common\Hellpoint Demo folder, but no hellpoint.cfg :/

It should be in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Cradle Games\Hellpoint
Apprentice

Postby Apprentice » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:51 pm

Bump !! :P :lol:

Anyway, I managed to get my hands on a GTX 970 which will hugely improve my gaming experiences. For Hellpoint, I do notice some lag as in that it has difficulty to make it smooth. An optimalisation issue here ??

Furthermore, I do noticed some delay or total non-responsiveness whenever the character is being attacked. The moment the character dies and spawns again, I've noticed that certain moves are being played out what I wanted the character do before it died. Bug anyone ??

Return to “Demo / Beta”