Question for Co-Op / Estimated Release?

Tell us what you would like to see in Hellpoint
Zenechules

Question for Co-Op / Estimated Release?

Postby Zenechules » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi, will there be online co-op? Or will there be only split-screen co-op? I understand it was designed with couch co-op in mind which is awesome but I have friends who live far away I'd love to play with too (If there are no plans for this that is fine, as I know its a lot of work) -> On this same topic, if there is online will we be able to PvP against others online? (1v1, 2v2 maybe?)

And another question I suppose I have is, is there or will there be in the future an estimated release date for Hellpoint?

Thank you, the game looks extremely promising.
LightStriker
Site Admin

Re: Question for Co-Op / Estimated Release?

Postby LightStriker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:47 am

Zenechules wrote:Hi, will there be online co-op? Or will there be only split-screen co-op? I understand it was designed with couch co-op in mind which is awesome but I have friends who live far away I'd love to play with too (If there are no plans for this that is fine, as I know its a lot of work) -> On this same topic, if there is online will we be able to PvP against others online? (1v1, 2v2 maybe?)

And another question I suppose I have is, is there or will there be in the future an estimated release date for Hellpoint?

Thank you, the game looks extremely promising.

Actually the game was designed and written with multiplayer in mind. Online is not out of the question, but the servers are currently outside the range of our budget.
Online can come if our kickstarter is a real success or we signed a publisher deal and they handle the servers fees.

The released date is Q1 2018. We would like to target March 2018, but we will know more as we get closer.
Zenechules

Postby Zenechules » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Ah interesting to hear. If you guys do not plan for more than two people at a time maybe you guys could use a P2P system in the Alpha or next release just to test out the functionality of it / work out any kinks that arise? (Would save you a lot of $$ in comparison to running servers) and since the game is mainly centered around co-op I don't think many people would mind.

(P2P doesn't work so well for PvP with a bunch of people as it gives the host a distinct advantage...cough cough For Honor)

And of course this would require some work to get implemented, but I personally think it would be better to get rid of any online issues earlier rather than later closer to release.

Cheers, amazing game so far ^^
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:15 pm

Zenechules wrote:Ah interesting to hear. If you guys do not plan for more than two people at a time maybe you guys could use a P2P system in the Alpha or next release just to test out the functionality of it / work out any kinks that arise? (Would save you a lot of $$ in comparison to running servers) and since the game is mainly centered around co-op I don't think many people would mind.

(P2P doesn't work so well for PvP with a bunch of people as it gives the host a distinct advantage...cough cough For Honor)

And of course this would require some work to get implemented, but I personally think it would be better to get rid of any online issues earlier rather than later closer to release.

The issue is actually the whole matchmaking structure needed. Also, the code and debugging needed to make online work.
We would love to add full online support, but that will depend on our funding.
hazelharis

Postby hazelharis » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 am

kimmysawi wrote:
Zenechules wrote:Ah interesting to hear. If you guys do not plan for more than two people at a time maybe you guys could use a P2P system in the Alpha or next release just to test out the functionality of it / work out any kinks that arise? (Would save you a lot of $$ in comparison to running servers) see reviews of phenq here and since the game is mainly centered around co-op I don't think many people would mind.

For those who are not aware of those p2p system can merge immediately

i thing p2p is the best..
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 pm

We are not planning dedicated servers, those would be way out of our budget right now.

For now, we are doing P2P.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedbacks”