Servers

Talk about the upcoming game Hellpoint
HeroOfOakvale

Servers

Postby HeroOfOakvale » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Have you guys given it any thought that if this game blows up and becomes popular (Which it will) about having some servers for some online play? Or is the game going to already be online?
LightStriker
Site Admin

Re: Servers

Postby LightStriker » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:56 pm

Actually... yes.

The game was written with online multiplayer in mind.

Just need the money for the servers. :p
HeroOfOakvale

Postby HeroOfOakvale » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:34 am

LightStriker wrote:Actually... yes.

Haha I assumed so, having servers running 24/7 is quite expensive. And keeping them up all the time is rather hard so I understand the cost lol
Nithryok

Postby Nithryok » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Talk to grinding gear games, they can often be found on their subreddit /r/pathofexile, they host servers for there massive game, path of exile, and say they do it cheaply. I would find out what their doing.
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:56 pm

Nithryok wrote:

Talk to grinding gear games, they can often be found on their subreddit /r/pathofexile, they host servers for there massive game, path of exile, and say they do it cheaply. I would find out what their doing.

"Cheaply" is relative. Didn't their Kickstarter reached like 1.2 million US$?
Nithryok

Postby Nithryok » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:58 pm

LightStriker wrote:
Nithryok wrote:

They didn't do a kickstarter, they had buy in alpha/beta access with time limited micro-transactions of cosmetic effects. Along in the package for 1k$ USD you could create a unique item in the game with GGG"S approval of the item to make sure it was balanced. As well as limited time cosmetic pet's that follow you around in game and look shiny.

I think that 1.2m was raised over the course of 2 years.

I'm also sure they would assist or at least talk to you, they love games and are very open and interact with the community all the time.
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Nithryok wrote:
LightStriker wrote:
Nithryok wrote:

They didn't do a kickstarter, they had buy in alpha/beta access with time limited micro-transactions of cosmetic effects. Along in the package for 1k$ USD you could create a unique item in the game with GGG"S approval of the item to make sure it was balanced. As well as limited time cosmetic pet's that follow you around in game and look shiny.

I'm also sure they would assist or at least talk to you, they love games and are very open and interact with the community all the time.

Sounds great. Know anybody we could contact?
Nithryok

Postby Nithryok » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:34 pm

LightStriker wrote:
Nithryok wrote:
LightStriker wrote:

you can contact Chris Wilson /u/chris_wilson on reddit or email support, support@grindinggear.com and they will get you in contact.

Edited email, had a type
LightStriker
Site Admin

Postby LightStriker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:42 pm

Nithryok wrote:
LightStriker wrote:
Nithryok wrote:

you can contact Chris Wilson /u/chris_wilson on reddit or email support, support@grindinggear.com and they will get you in contact.

Edited email, had a type

Thanks a lot! :)
Rutter

Postby Rutter » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Any news on the servers for this game btw?

Return to “General”